Build Real Time Web Apps Easier with NowJS
One example application is a real-time chat room written in 12 lines of code.
Here’s how it works, according to the website:
- NowJS creates a magic namespace “now”, accessible by server and client
- Functions and variables added to now are automatically synced, in real-time
- Call client functions from the server and server functions from client
DNode is another RPC system for Node.js. “NowJS is a higher-level interface than DNode,” our own Pete Warden explains. “It offers an abstraction layer to make calling remote functions very simple without worrying about ports or sockets.”
You can find NowJS on Github here.
- Zoho Creator Gives Google Apps Users the Ability to Build Their Own Apps
- Build Your Own Fire Hose API with STREST – a New Protocol for Real-Time Data Streaming
- Build Video Chat Into Your Mobile Apps with OpenTok
- OpenSSH Will Feature Key Discovery and Rotation For Easier Switching To Ed25519
- Engineer Thinks We Could Build a Real Starship Enterprise In 20 Years