Ask a VC: Mike Maples Defends Digg’s Honor and the Kno (TCTV)
Mike Maples, my guest on Ask a VC this week, is known for backing some of the best Web 2.0 entrepreneurs early on and hunting down “Thunder Lizards” or the 15 truly disruptive companies that hatch each year. But some of his most celebrated investments have turned controversial. In this video he defends Digg’s honor against some tough reader questions and defends Chegg’s decision to get into hardware. For non-haters, he answers some general questions on why he doesn’t back more middle-aged entrepreneurs and how much of a stake he needs to do a deal.
Enjoy! And check out our earlier interview with Maples and his three companies that got away here.
- Mike Maples: Why I Don’t Go for the Flip and the Three Deals that Got Away (TCTV)
- Ask a VC with Mike Maples and Peter Barris This Week, Send Questions Now
- Ask a VC: Izhar Armory Defends Patents, Answers Reader Questions (TCTV)
- Angel-Turned-VC Mike Maples: Yes, There’s a Bubble
- Stipple Raises $2M From Kleiner Perkins, Mike Maples … And Justin Timberlake