Apple Opening Pop-Up Store In Austin For SXSW
Apple is setting up a pop-up store at West Sixth Street and Congress, a few blocks from SXSW proper, in order to abate the fears of the hordes of hipsters who will arrive in the city this week and find themselves far from the comforts of their hometown Apple store. The store will sell iPads 2 and the like and last for the duration of the event.
According to the American-Statesman, SXSW believes that the move is in Apple’s favor:
“There’s a huge opportunity to get brand recognition to a large audience during” SXSW, Wilemon said.
- Watch Out Austin! Dogpatch Labs Is Opening A Makeshift SXSW Office
- Before It Even Begins, Apple Wins SXSW
- Meet The Guy Who Bought The First iPad 2 At The SXSW Apple Pop-Up Store
- A High-Tech Pedicab Dispatch System at SXSW in Austin (Video)
- Austin Case Modders Take Their Exotic PCs and a Giant LAN Party to SXSW (Video)