NYC SeedStart Is On The Hunt For Digital Media Startups
If you have an idea for a startup in New York City, this might just be the summer for you to get that idea off the ground. There is no shortage of startup accelerators, incubators, and other venture programs to help get you started—from TechStars NYC and HackNY to DreamIt and FinTech for financial startups. And there is also NYC SeedStart, which is now taking applications for digital media startups.
NYC SeedStart is a 12-week summer program “focusing on advertising infrastructure, e-commerce, digital content, and mobile technology.” Ten startups will be selected to join the program, which includes $20,000, office space, and mentoring from corporate partners including Time Warner, News Corp, Google, Hearst, The New York Times, MTV Networks, GiltCity, and AOL Ventures.
In return, NYC SeedStart gets a 5 percent equity stake in the startups. NYC SeedStart is a consortium of five different venture funds: Contour Venture Partners, Comcast Interactive Capital/Genacast Ventures, NYC Seed, Polaris Venture Partners, and RRE Ventures.
- Digital Media Juggernaut OverDrive Nabs Funding From Insight Venture Partners
- NYC Turing Fellows Drawing Top Tech Students To Big Apple Startups
- hackNY Expands Its Internship Program, Matching Student Hackers and NYC Startups
- Digital Audio Advertising Company TargetSpot Lands $8 Million
- Y Combinator Accepts Record 60+ New Startups For Summer 2011