MindSnacks Raises $1.2 Million For Mobile Educational Games
Game developer MindSnacks has raised $1.2 million in funding from Felicis Ventures, 500 Startups, Mitch Kapor, Geoff Ralston, David Jesk, Oleg Tscheltzoff, Collaborative Fund, StartupAngel, ENIAC Ventures, Maneesh Arora, DreamIt Ventures, Startl, Theoria Capital and David Kim.
MindSnacks, which was incubated in Philadelphia incubator DreamIt Ventures, develops mobile learning games for foreign languages, test prep and other subjects.
MindSnack’s games deliver “bite-sized” learning experiences and uses social elements and game mechanics to engage users. Its current apps focus on language learning, and each mini-game addresses a specific need, such as vocabulary, spelling, grammar, and sentence construction.
MindSnacks Spanish and MindSnacks French are currently available App Store, with additional languages and new subjects areas, including SAT test prep, coming soon. The startup plans to use the funding to hire engineers and game designers.
- Lumosity Raises $32.5 Million For Brain Fitness Games
- FlipTrack / Moblyng Raising $10.9 Million For HTML5 Games For Mobile Devices
- PapayaMobile Raises $18 Million For Mobile Social Gaming Network
- Stealthy Mobile Games Startup Wild Needle Is Raising $3 Million In Series A Funding
- Opinionaided Raises $1 Million For Mobile Q&A Service