iOS 4.3 Reveals iPhone 5 Will Get iPad 2?s Dual-Core A5 Processor
Twitter users @chronic, @FilippoBiga and @naynee75 have discovered references in iOS 4.3 that was released earlier today, which provides more evidence that Appleâ€™s next generation iPhone will get the new dual-core A5 processor.
This was revealed via the following tweets:
chronic: alright, someone take this info down. iPad2,1 (K93AP) = WiFi. iPad2,2 (K94AP) = GSM. iPad2,3 (K95AP) = CDMA. all run on the S5L8940 proc.
FilippoBiggo: @chronic you forgot iPhone 5, N94AP, S5L8940.
naynee75: @FilippoBiga http://twitpic.com/47wjfs – iPhone 5 may be running on the A5 Dual Core Processor! #iPhone #iOS Check IMG!
As you can see from the screenshot of one of the system files reveals that iPhone 5 (model number – N94AP) will also get the same dual-core S5L8940 processor like iPad 2.
What do you think? What else is on your wish list for iPhone 5? Tell us in the comments section below.
- Purported iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S Logic Board Reveals Faster Dual-Core A5 Processor?
- iPhone 5 And iPad 2 To Get Dual-Core SGX543 GPU
- iPhone 5 With Faster Dual-Core A5 Processor, 8-Megapixel Camera Coming In September?
- Honeycomb To Require Dual-Core Processor
- iPhone 5 Will Get Faster Dual-Core A5 Processor, 8-Megapixel Camera But Won’t Feature All-New Design