Apple Releases iOS 4.3; Includes Faster Safari, Personal Hotspot, AirPlay Enhancements, iTunes Home Sharing & More
Apple had given a preview of iOS 4.3 at last weekâ€™s iPad 2 media event and announced that it will be released on Friday, March 11th. iOS 4.3 includes a number of new features and improvements such as faster Safari mobile browser performance, iTunes home sharing, AirPlay enhancements, toggle for iPadâ€™s side switch and personal hotspot for iPhone 4 users.
According to the release notes iOS 4.3 includes the following new features and improvements:
* Personal Hotspot
- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
* iTunes Home Sharing
- Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
* New AirPlay features
- Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
* HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
* Ping features
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
- Parental controls
* New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
* Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
* Bug fixes
Unfortunately, iOS 4.3 will not available forÂ iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd generation, which means thatÂ iOS 4.2.1 is the last iOS software update for these devices. Surprisingly, iOS 4.3 is also not compatible with the Verizon iPhone.
iPhone jailbreakers and unlockers have been advised to upgrade to iOS 4.3 until iPhone Dev team, Chronic Dev Team and iHh8sn0w release the updated jailbreaking tools for iOS 4.3.
But if you donâ€™t care about jailbreaking or unlocking your iPhone then you can update your iPhone with iOS 4.3 via iTunes.
As always, let us know how it goes.
- iOS 4.3 Release Date – March 11th; Includes Faster Safari Performance, iTunes Home Sharing, AirPlay Enhancements, Personal Hotspot & More
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.2.1
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.2 With iOS 4.3 Support; Improves Home Sharing
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.1; Brings Support For AirPlay And iOS 4.2
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.1.2; Includes Support For CDMA iPhone