Verizon iPhone 4 Flashed To Work On Cricket Wireless
While the iPhone Dev Team are working hard to unlock GSM iPhone, it looks like some folks have figured out a way to flash CDMA iPhone 4 to work on pay-as-you-go carrier Cricket Wirelessâ€™ network in the US.
Few weeks back, we had reported that Verizon iPhone 4 had been unlocked to work on China Telecomâ€™s CDMA network.
As any astute follower of the “pay-as-you-go” world knows, there are quite a few back alley Cricket dealers (and quite a few main street ones as well) that will happily flash any phone you give them for use on their network — and not even Verizon’s CDMA iPhone is immune.
You can also checkout the video of Verizon iPhone 4 working on Cricketâ€™s network:
Technically, flashing refers to the overwriting or re-writing of the phone’s firmware, which in terms of the iPhone would be the baseband. We’re not sure how it was done but it looks like you first need to jailbreak CDMA iPhone and then flash it
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.
- So What’s So Special About The Verizon iPhone? Personal Hotspots.
- Verizon iPhone Unlocked To Work On China Telecom’s CDMA Network
- Verizon iPhone Pre-orders Sold Out; Best First Day Launch In Verizon’s History; Attacks AT&T’s Network In New iPhone Ad
- Verizon CFO Confirms iPhone 5 Will Work On CDMA And GSM Networks
- Cricket’s Impact on the U.S. iPhone Market