Google Voice Discovered Allowing Pure VoIP Calls
From the article “Google Voice users learned late Monday that the service now has a way of making purely Internet-based phone calls. Making a SIP call with a “sip:” prefix, the Google Voice phone number and @sip.voice.google.com skips the conventional phone network entirely, saving users cellphone minutes. Disruptive Telephony tested it and found that a call worked “great.”"
- Google Hangouts Gets Google Voice Integration And Free VoIP Calls
- Google Voice Is Having Serious Trouble Making Outbound Calls. This Is Bad.
- VoIP Data and Google Maps Mashup Shows Live Calls
- Yahoo Messenger 2.0 Is Out; Allows Video Calls To PC, Android Smartphones And VoIP Calls Over 3G
- Textfree Users Made 2.5 Million Voice Calls In Ten Days (And They’ve Sent 6 Billion Messages Total)