DailyBooth So Excited About iPad 2 Camera That They Close A $6 Million Venture Round
DailyBooth, a site where (mostly) teens have conversations via text and photos of themselves, has closed its first big round of funding – $6 million – in a round led by Ignition Partners. Previous investor Sequoia Capital and a number of angel investors also participated in the round.
Devices like the iPhone 4, with a front facing camera, are particularly DailyBooth-friendly. The new iPad, also with a front facing camera, is just an enthralling to the company. “DailyBooth is positioned to benefit from the growing iPhone, Android and Tablet markets, as the front-facing cameras on these devices are transforming mobile photo publishing,” they say.
The service is growing rapidly. 14 million photos have been uploaded, says DailyBooth, and 47 million comments have been published.
The company, originally out of Y Combinator, previously raised just over $1 million.
- Back Of The Phone Apps: Instagram, Picplz, Path Vs. Front Of The Phone App: DailyBooth
- iOS 4.3 Reveals FaceTime, Camera & Photo Booth iPad Apps; Points To iPad 2 Camera
- DailyBooth Gets An iPhone App Worthy Of Your Gaze
- Next iPhone- Front Facing Camera, A4 Processor
- iPad 2 To Sport Only 1-Megapixel Rear Camera And Proximity Sensor?