Browsers — the Gaming Platform of the Future?
Trip Hawkins, founder of Electronic Arts, spoke at the recent Game Developers Conference about how he expects game platforms to evolve in the future. Hawkins thinks the role of web browsers as a platform will greatly increase as the explosion of mobile device adoption continues. “For all of the big media companies, this phase of disruption is dramatic and happening fast. Where it’s really going to lead is where the function of the browser is going. … The browser has taken over 2 billion PCs — it’s going to be taking over a billion tablets over the next few years, billions of mobile devices. It will end up in my opinion very strong on the television. The browser is the platform of the future.”
- ARM Sees Mobile As the Future Gaming Platform of Choice
- Sibblingz Launches New Version Of Multi-Device, Social Gaming Platform
- Cross-Platform Mobile Gaming Gaining Traction
- OpenFeint Expands Free-To-Play Mobile Gaming Platform OFX To Android
- Sega Taps OpenFeint’s Plug And Play Social Gaming Platform For iOS App