Kiwibox.com Acquires German Photo Blog Community Pixunity
Kiwibox.com, a social network focused on young adults, has acquired German photo book community site Pixunity.de for an undisclosed sum. Pixunity lets users upload photos, design scrapbooks and share photo books with others.
As a result of the asset acquisition of the online platform, Kiwibox will translate and adapt the website to the US market while continuing to provide support to existing members and the website in Europe. It’s not clear how big the user base of either sites is, exactly, but the Pixunity community apparently grew by 15,000 members in the whole of last quarter, which means it isn’t exactly growing by leaps and bounds.
Following the completion of the integration of Pixunity in its community network, Kiwibox says it will implement printing features in cooperation with an unnamed international partner.
In addition, says Kiwibox, the company is in the process of completing a due diligence review of a targeted international social network, which it adds will soon result in actual contract negotiations. The publicly-listed company says the potential acquisition will, “if consummated, propel the Kiwibox.com network to a top tier social networking community”.
Anyone care to take a guess which social network they’re referring to?
- Exclusive: Lockerz Acquires Social Photo Sharing App Plixi (Formerly TweetPhoto)
- eBay Acquires German ‘Purchase-On-Invoice’ Technology Company BillSAFE
- HP Acquires German Web-To-Print Software Solutions Company HIFLEX
- NexTag Acquires German Comparison Shopping Site Guenstiger.de
- German Police Seize German Pirate Party Servers