iPhone Jailbreakers And Unlockers Should Avoid Upgrading To iOS 4.3
As always, I give my standard warning not to update and wait for the jailbreak release. This time, I am giving some extra caution, however.
With 4.3 comes appleâ€™s implementation of address space layout randomization (ASLR). In short, this will mess up the way mobile substrate works. You will need a new mobile substrate in order to use your favorite tweaks such as winterboard, sbsettings, bitesms, folder enhancer, etc. So you should definitely avoid 4.3 until an “official” jailbreak is released for it.
Back in January, Joshua Hill of the Chronic Dev Team had pointed out that ASLR added in iOS 4.3 will make it more difficult to exploit userland vulnerabilities that are used to jailbreak iPhones.
Looks like Apple added ASLR into iOS 4.3. This should make things more fun!!!
ASLR is Address Space Layout Randomization. Itâ€™s designed to make userland vulnerabilities more difficult to exploit
- iPhone Dev Team Warn Jailbreakers And Unlockers To Avoid Upgrading To iOS 4.1
- iPhone Dev Team Working Hard To Release Tools To Jailbreak And Unlock iOS 4; Warn Unlockers To Avoid Upgrading To iOS 4
- iOS 4.2.1: Update For iPhone Jailbreakers And Unlockers From Dev Team
- iOS 4.0.1: Update For iPhone Jailbreakers And Unlockers From Dev Team
- More Updates For iPhone Jailbreakers And Unlockers From Dev Team