iPhone 5 To Get Aluminum Back Panel, Redesigned Antenna, Apple’s New Dual-Core A5 Chip?
Japanese blog Macotakara, which in the past has provided accurate details about upcoming Apple product launches, reports that Apple may abandon the glass back panel of the iPhone 4 and may use an aluminum back panel for iPhone 5.
Decision to design similar to iPod touch instead of using glass is supposed that Apple seems to stop problems which are told widely damages from scratching, difficulties of painting white and weight of glass.
They have also posted a mockup design of iPhone 5 with aluminum back panel.
Macotakara reports that according to their source, Apple may also abandon the external antenna used in iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 may get a redesigned antenna system. As you might know, iPhone 4â€™s antenna system has caused a lot of controversy. Consumer Reports, a popular product review and comparison organization doesnâ€™t recommend the GSM iPhone 4 and Verizon iPhone 4 due to the reception problems.
iPhone 5 is also expected to come with Appleâ€™s new dual-core A5 chip that will be used in iPad 2 and expected to be unveiled at the WorldWide Developer Conference 2011.
As mentioned earlier, there are couple of reasons why Apple may be planning to abandon the glass back casing of iPhone 4:
- Redesigned iPhone 5 Will Come With 8-Megapixel Camera, Faster A5 Dual-Core Processor & Possibly Also Include NFC Chip
- Rumor: Redesigned iPhone 5 May Be Delayed Due To A5 Chip Overheating Issue?
- Analyst Claims No Evidence Of Redesigned iPhone 5; Will Come With 512MB RAM & Improved Antenna System
- SIM-less iPhone 4S With A5 Chip, 8-Megapixel Camera Coming In July/August; iPhone 5 In Spring 2012?
- iPhone 5 Features: Faster Dual-Core A5 Chip, 1GB RAM, 8-Megapixel Camera, With Revolutionary New Assistant Feature?