Gowalla 3 Launches For Android Today
Adding existing features like third-party check-in and better photo support, the Austin based company updates the Android version of their location software today. Gowalla co-founder and CEO Josh Williams told me in a quick phone call that he feels like “we’ve created a better experience for our Android app than we even have for the iPhone version.”
Strategically, supporting the best Gowalla experience on the fastest growing Smartphone platform makes sense for the company, as they compete with other Check-in services like Loopt and Foursquare as well as hybrid location-chat services like Yobongo. They need to fish where the fish are, for sure.
To me, it looks similar to the iPhone version, based on the screen shots below. I haven’t had a chance to install it yet, so let us know what you think of it.
Should be live in the Android Marketplace today.
- Welcome To The Magic: Gowalla Lands Location Deal With Disney Parks
- Gowalla Steadily Moves Past The Check-In With City Pages, Business Listings And More
- Dear Foursquare, Gowalla: Please Let’s Stop Pretending This Is Fun
- Gowalla 3.0 Unifies Check-Ins, Places With Facebook, Twitter, And Yes, Foursquare
- Gowalla Begins Connecting The Dots On Travel