Ask a VC with Mike Maples and Peter Barris This Week, Send Questions Now
I’m leaving the country for a few weeks, so I’m trying to get a few episodes of Ask a VC in the can before I go. We have two exciting guests we’re taping this week: Mike Maples of Floodgate Fund and Peter Barris of NEA.
Maples was early on both the super angel and Web 2.0 bandwagons, investing in companies like Digg, Twitter and Chegg. He’s noted as one of the guys who coined the “pivot” concept– one of the most overused buzz words of the last year.
Barris is more of an old-school VC. NEA is one of the oldest firms and while it hasn’t done as well as its brethren in modern consumer Web movement, it has done one of the best jobs of making huge scale work. The firm has $11 billion in capital under management and invests in three continents.
No doubt, our readers have very different questions for each. Maples arrives in our studios momentarily so get your questions in now to askavc(at)techcrunch(dot)com.
- Mike Maples: Why I Don’t Go for the Flip and the Three Deals that Got Away (TCTV)
- Ask a VC: Peter Barris on Scaling the VC Business and Snagging the First Stake in Groupon (TCTV)
- Ask a VC: Mike Maples Defends Digg’s Honor and the Kno (TCTV)
- Stipple Raises $2M From Kleiner Perkins, Mike Maples … And Justin Timberlake
- Angel-Turned-VC Mike Maples: Yes, There’s a Bubble