6 Tech Companies That Raised Venture Capital Today: Which Will Change the World? (Poll)
There was a whole lot of money passing hands today. And we want to know which of these companies interests you the most! There’s a motley, but exciting line-up featuring companies that will help us find storage space, keep us from using our phone as we drive for work (I’m so guilty of this!) and a buzz-worthy new group messaging app. Join me as we dive into today’s world of venture capitalism.
Friday’s poll winner was Social Guides, which raised $1.5m to further help Web businesses connect using social media; 49% of RWW readers who voted were most excited about this company among the four others listed.
Relay Rides allows us to borrow cars from our neighbors, instead of renting a car. SpareFoot helps us find storage space, even for short periods of time (this would have been awesome for college summer breaks!).
Kik raised the most amount of venture capital today and is poised to become another big group messaging app, which is interesting in the context that Beluga (a similar messaging app) was just acquired by Facebook last week.
Gigya helps Web companies navigate social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. ZoomSafer provides risk management software aimed at keeping employees from using their mobile phones while driving, a dangerous idea and a serious liability for the company. Qriously replaces traditional ads on our mobile devices with questions about the would-be product or company, while gathering location information of the user and real-time feedback.
With six very different companies receiving funding today, which one will you keep an eye on?
- 4 Tech Companies That Raised Venture Capital Today: Which One Is Poised to Change Our World? (Poll)
- 7 Tech Companies That Raised Venture Capital Today: Which Will Change the World? (Poll)
- 7 Tech Companies that Raised Funding Today: Which Will Change the World? (Poll)
- 5 Tech Companies That Raised Funding Today: Which One Will Change the World? (Poll)
- 7 Tech Companies Who Raised Funding: Which Will Shape Our World? (Poll)