‘Tweet Viewer’ Virus Spreads On Twitter
There is something amazing about how desperately humans want to see who has viewed their online profiles. This desire has been taken advantage of (again) by Twitter spammers this morning as tweets like “WOW! You can see WHO VISITS your TWITTER profile. That’s cool! :) – http://bit.ly/tweetviewer ” and “I just viewed my TOP20 Profile STALKERS. I can’t believe my EX is still checking me every day” are proliferating, at about 159 tweets a minute.
The “See Who Viewed Your Profile” application preys upon this exact curiosity, asking users for Twitter authorization, and then using that authorization to tweet out the above. And while it’s not clear that it’s doing anything behind the scenes, at the moment it is definitely using the access granted to spread itself. Once again: Don’t click on any http://bit.ly/tweetviewer links, and if you do, immediately revoke that application’s access to your account.
- Twitter’s Year In Review Begins With A Tweet Tree
- Twitter’s In-Stream Targeted Tweet Ads Begin Today In HootSuite
- My6sense Injects A Relevance-Based Tweet Stream Into Twitter.com
- Twitter Is Now The Proud Owner Of Re-tweet.com
- Twitter For Mac’s Spectacular Hidden Little Feature: Tweet Anything From Anywhere