Trends Show Android Gaining Among The Young And Vivacious
This little study by Nielson doesn’t actually say “vivacious,” but it’s implied — right there in the headline. The study is just an exercise in statistics and a look at the smartphone market, but it’s always worth taking a look and speculating based on the big bottom-line numbers like total market share.
These two attractive charts detail the distribution of OSes and manufacturers among smartphone owners, which, it should be noted, make up only about 25% of the mobile-using population, in the US at least. The information is through January of this year, so it’s quite current. So who’s winning? Everybody, it looks like. It really is a dead heat at the moment, but like Jell-O, there’s always room for analysis.
- Android Market To Show Content Ratings. Devs: Get Them In Or Be Labeled “Mature”
- Gaining a Remote Shell On Android
- Nielsen: Consumer Desire For Android Grows, Unlike iOS And Blackberry
- Top Trends of 2012: Video on Tablets
- comScore: Including iPads, iPods And Tablets, Apple’s iOS Outreaches Android By 59 Percent