Opinionaided Raises $1 Million For Mobile Q&A Service
Mobile Q&A service Opinionaided has raised $1 million in funding today from General Catalyst, SoftBank Capital, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Mark Wachen, Jonah Goodhart, Karl Jacob, ENIAC Ventures and Vince Monical. This brings the startup’s total funding to $1.2 million.
Opinionaided is a free iOS app that allows users to get advice and opinions on the fly. Within the app, users can input a question, determine a category and submit it for other Opinionaided users to answer. The startup says questions range from “Does this outfit look good?” to “Would you switch to the Verizon iPhone?”
After a question is posted, fellow Opinionaided users can comment on the question and the app will calculate the percentage os users that responded positively or negatively and will list all comments/ From there consumers can reply back to the comments or create a new question for peers to vote on.
Since a private beta launch last June, the app has garnered 40 million responses to about 500,000 questions. Opinionaided faces competition from Mahalo and ChaCha. Opinionaided plans to use the new funding to expand the service beyond the iOS platform.
- Mobile Q&A App Opinionaided Has Generated 90M Responses To Over 1.2M User Questions
- Mobile Backend As A Service Parse Raises $5.5 Million in Series A Funding
- Mobile Payments Startup Billing Revolution Raises $6.6 Million
- Newsy Raises $1.5 Million in Series B Funding For Mobile News
- HomePipe Raises $1.1 Million For Cross-Platform Content Streaming Service