RStudio: An Open Source and Cross-Platform IDE for R
According to the RStudio blog, the team plans to monetize the product by selling services such as support, training, consulting and hosting.
For those who don’t know, R is an open source programming language for statistical computing. R distributions such as CRAN and Revolution (see our coverage) are considered a competitors of SAS and SPSS.
- Microsoft To Open Source .NET and Take It Cross-Platform
- TreeSheets (Cross-Platform Data Organizer) Now Open Source
- Booktype: An Open Source, Cross-Platform Approach To E-Book Publishing
- Enterprise Startup Spotlight: Revolution Analytics, Taking on SAS, SPSS
- [Case Study] Lessons in High Performance Computing with Open Source