WITN: New York State of the Tech Industry [TCTV]
This week, Sarah is in New York doing various book-related things – but WITN is all about life outside the valley so she dialled in via Skype to give us an update in what’s happening on the East coast.
Spoiler alert: NY is still no Silicon Valley, but it’s increasingly proving that it doesn’t have to be. We also discussed whether New York’s status as a multi-industry town is a pro or a con when it comes to technology startups. Video below.
(Next week Paul will be in LA, a trip which he vehemently denies is about finding a new American girlfriend/wife. Instead, he claims he’ll be on the look out for interesting start-ups to rival Machinima and – uh - MySpace. If you know of a company that fits the bill, let him know.)
- WITN: No, New York Media, It Isn’t 1999 All Over Again (Thanks For Asking)
- WITN: Paul Still Hates Le Web, London and Apparently Sitting Still (TCTV)
- WITN: Abbasso Las Vegas! [TCTV]
- WITN: Paul’s New Book Published, Movie Option Sold On The Same Day [TCTV]
- WITN: Can Tony Hsieh Deliver Happiness -And A Ready-Made Community – To Downtown Las Vegas? [TCTV]