MobileNotifier: Jailbreak App Aims To Revamp iOS Push Notification System
Appleâ€™s Push Notification system has been maligned for being intrusive and modal. iOS competitors on the other hand have been doing a good job on this front of late. HPâ€™s webOS for example has a banner notification system that has been widely acclaimed.
Weâ€™ve also heard rumors that Apple is acquiring a small developer to help them fix the Push notification system.
If youâ€™ve jailbroken your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch then you probably donâ€™t have to wait for Apple to fix it as developer, Peter Hajas has released a jailbreak app called MobileNotifier, which is pretty cool.
Mobile Notifier is inspired by Androidâ€™s notification system so unlike iOSâ€™s push notification system, MobileNotifier prevents notifications from interrupting you and allows you to access your notifications from a drop-down drawer. You can also access the notifications from your iOS deviceâ€™s lock screen.
Peter has also cleverly used the unused area when you activate the multitasking switcher for the Alert DashboardÂ to show the pending alerts/notifications.
You can checkout the demo video of see how MobileNotifier works:
Peter has recently released the third beta version of MobileNotifier, which you can install from the Cydia App Store by following these steps:
- Launch Cydia from your jailbroken iOS device homescreen.
- Tap on the Manage Tab and then tap on Sources.
- Tap on the Edit button and then tap the Add button to add the following repo URL: http://phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo
- After it is successfully added, tap on the Search tab and search for MobileNotifier.
- Tap on MobileNotifier from the search results
- Then tap on the Install button and then Confirm to install it on your iOS device
- You will be prompted to Restart SpringBoard, tap on the button to proceed.
Thatâ€™s it, you should now be able to use the revamped notification system courtesy MobileNotifier.
As always, please donâ€™t forget to tell us if you like it.
[via Peter Hajas, thanks Jeff for the tip]
- MobileNotifier: Jailbreak App That Aims To Revamp iOS Notification System Updated With New Features & Improvements
- Apple Might Have Hired Developer Of Popular Jailbreak App – MobileNotifier
- MobileNotifier Beta 5 Gets New Alert Dashboard, MobileReply, Bug Fixes & More
- Firefox’s Web Push Notification System Announced
- Apple Acquiring App Developer To Revamp Notification System For iOS