Comcast-NBC Deal Accidentally Protects Internet?
jfruhlinger writes “Details of the conditions that the Department of Justice required to approve Comcast’s purchase of NBC have emerged today. Blogger Kevin Fogarty looks at the details — Comcast is forbidden from blocking Netflix over its pipes, and must sell NBC shows via iTunes and other similar services — and concludes that Internet access for everybody, including business users, has been protected, more or less by accident.”
- Comcast-Time Warner Deal May Hinge On Low-Cost Internet Plan
- Time Warner Deal Is How Comcast Will Fight Cord Cutters
- Comcast Offers To Shed 3.9 Million Subscribers To Ease Cable Deal
- Comcast Gives 6 Months Free Internet To Poor and Unpaid Bill Amnesty
- Comcast To Buy Time Warner Cable In $44.2 Billion All-Stock Deal