Citrix’ First Seed Investment: Search And Backup Cloud Data With Primadesk
Citrix Systems recently established a Silicon Valley-based seed investment vehicle dubbed Startup Accelerator. Today, the fund is announcing its first investment (PDF) – Citrix has invested an undisclosed sum in Primadesk, which will be touting its wares later today at DEMO 2011.
The company basically aims to help users search, manage and backup their personal cloud data from multiple devices and browsers, using a single interface. A beta version of the Primadesk technology will be demonstrated later today, but you can sign up for access at some point in March right here.
Primadesk was founded in 2009 and lets users search their personal cloud data, access multiple emails in one interface, securely store passwords and login information, manage, drag-and-drop and backup online documents, photos and whatnot.
Primadesk is also the company behind Fotolink, which lets users drag and drop photos from their computers to Facebook and back, between Facebook albums and from friends’ albums and other photo services such as Flickr, Google Picasa and Smugmug to your Facebook albums.
The Citrix Startup Accelerator program provides companies with seed funding ($100k-$400k) but also business mentoring, office space and technical resources.
- Citrix Backs Mobile Cloud Technology Startup
- Citrix Makes Strategic Investments In Graymatics And Gizmox
- InfoHubble Secures Seed Funding To Link Geo-data To Local Search
- Citrix Invests In Data Center Consulting Services Firm GlassHouse Technologies
- Cloud Technology Startup Cotendo Raises $17 Million From Citrix, Juniper, VCs