API of the Week: SlideShare
oEmbed is an open standard for embedded content. According to the oEmbed website: “The simple API allows a website to display embedded content (such as photos or videos) when a user posts a link to that resource, without having to parse the resource directly.” In other words, when someone adds a link to a SlideShare presentation, for example, it can be embedded automatically – without the need for the user to copy and paste an embed code.
We covered the launch of SlideShare’s new service Zipcast here here recently.
Source: API of the Week: SlideShare
- Professional Content Sharing Platform SlideShare Deepens LinkedIn Integration
- SlideShare Moves Into Virtual Meetings With Zipcast
- Book Review: Present Yourself – Using SlideShare To Grow Your Business
- Zipcast from SlideShare Makes Web Presentations Oh So Easy
- SlideShare Ditches Flash, Rebuilds Site In HTML5