Tiny Wings Dislodges Angry Birds As The Top Paid App On The App Store
Tiny Wings â€“ an iPhone game developed by Andreas Illiger has done the unthinkable by dislodging Angry Birds as the Top paid app in the App Store. Angry Birds had held the top post for almost one year.
It is also the second highest grossing app in the App Store behind MLB.com At Bat 11.
Tiny Wings is a well made game with simple controls but at the same time quite addictive.
Hereâ€™s a quick description of the iPhone game:
You have always dreamed of flying – but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beatiful hills. Use the hills as jumps – slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment – until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.
Here are some of the highlights of the iPhone game:
- simple but skillfull “one button” (ok… maybe “one touch”) arcade game about the dream of flying
- the world is changing every day – so it does in this game! Procedural generated graphics will make “tiny wings” look different every day you play
- upgrade your nest by fulfilling tasks
- every big jump over the ocean will bring you to new adventures on a new island
- runs smoothly at 60fps even on older devices
- OpenFeint enabled with 27 tricky achievements
- cloudtouches for everyone
You can checkout the demo of the iPhone game below:
Tiny Wings costs $0.99 and you can download it from the App Store using this iTunes link.
And please donâ€™t forget to tell us what you think of the game in the comments section below.
- Angry Birds Available For Windows On Intel AppUp Store
- Angry Birds Pecks Its Way To The PC Via Intel’s App Store For Netbooks
- Angry Birds Rio Arrives On The App Store
- After Surging Past Angry Birds, The Heist Now Selling An App A Second
- EA Buys ‘Angry Birds’ Publisher Chillingo For $20 Million, But May Not Get ‘Angry Birds’