AirMusic App Allows Users To Stream Music From iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch To PS3, XBox 360 And Windows PC
iOS 4.2.1 brought the ability to stream and watch videos and other digital media content from any iDevice to a television. While this was without doubt one of the coolest offerings in the iOS 4.2.1 software update, the AirPlay functionality was limited to users who own the 2nd generation Apple TV.
If you donâ€™t have an Apple TV 2G, no problem, Plutinosoft has released an iPhone app called AirMusic, which allows users to stream music from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to PS3, XBox 360 and Windows PC or any supported DLNA device.
Hereâ€™s how to use it:
â– Connect your iPod, iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your XBox, PS3 or PC.
â– Start AirMusic
â– If you have an XBox, turn it on, navigate to the Music Library and select your device in the list
â– If you have a PS3, turn it on, navigate to the Music Note and select your device in the list
â– If you have a PC running Windows Vista or Windows 7, start Windows Media Player, your iPhone will show up under ‘Other Libraries’
As you can see its very simple to use and it works as advertised. You need iOS 4.2.1 to install the app from the App Store.
AirMusic costs $0.99 and you can download it using this iTunes link.
You can also checkout the hacks that allow AirPlay streaming from an iOS device to Mac and Windows.
Let us know what you think of the AirMusic app in the comments section below.
- AirMusic App Allows Users To Stream Music From iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch To PS3, XBox 360 And Windows PC
- Sn0wbreeze 2.1 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G, Apple TV 2G iOS 3.2.2 For iPad Released
- Microsoft Releases My Xbox Live App For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Find My iPhone Now Free For All iPhone 4, iPad And iPod Touch 4G Users
- Microsoft Brings Popular Xbox 360 Game – Kinectimals To iPhone, iPad And iPod touch; Also Releases SkyDrive For iPhone