Scality Raises $7 Million For Enterprise Cloud Storage System
Scality provides ‘storage-as-a-service’ solutions for enterprises around the globe.
The company says it will use part of the proceeds to complement its San Francisco headquarters with an East Coast sales and services office in New York. Furthermore, Scality will step up development of its object-based storage platform, adding full multi-tenancy for service providers who want to offer virtual private clouds (VPCs).
Scality’s total investment to date is $13 million.
The company claims its valuation doubled after the Series A round of funding secured in May 2010, thanks to the successful delivery of a complete email platform to cable operator Telenet for over 2 million users (coincidentally, I’m one of those).
- Exclusive: SolidFire Raises $11 Million For ‘Next-Gen’ Cloud Storage Platform
- Enterprise Cloud Management Software Maker Abiquo Raises $10 Million
- Enterprise Cloud Storage Platform Box.net Raises $48M From Andreessen Horowitz And Others
- Virtual Storage Company Virsto Raises $12M, Buys VMware Virtualization Startup EvoStor
- Pure Storage Raises $28 Million, Says Flash Will Disrupt Enterprise Storage