Analyst: iPad 2 Shipments To Start In Early April
Apple is expected to unveil his much awaited second generation iPad at the media event next week.
All Things Digital reports that according to the supply chain sources, iPad 2 shipments will start in early April just like the first generation iPad.
All Things Digital reports:
Not long at all, say supply chain sources, who tell Barclays that the iPad 2 will likely arrive at market in April, just like its predecessor. Evidently, its design and specifications were finalized earlier this month and itâ€™s headed into manufacturing now. Barclays analyst Kirk Yang expects iPad 2 shipments to start in early April, with two million units for that month.
â€œThe April shipment time frame (vs. the earlier market expectation of small shipments in March) is primarily due to production line setup and training, and not likely due to any product re-design,â€ he says. â€œNone of the component suppliers suggest any type of re-designs nor delays.â€
Are you planning to buy iPad 2? Let us know in the comments section below.
[via All Things Digital]
- iPad 3 Display Shipments Reportedly Ramping Up For Assembly In January 2012
- Analyst: AT&T May Have Extended iPhone Exclusivity With iPad Data Deal
- Apple To Give Sneak Peak Of iOS 5 In Early April?
- Analyst Claims iPad 3 To Get QXGA Retina Display
- Apple’s Suppliers Preparing For Launch of iPhone 5 And iPad 3 In October