Intel Leads $12 Million Round In Game Developer Digital Chocolate
Game developer Digital Chocolate has just announced a $12 million Series D funding round led by Intel Capital, with prior investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Bridgescale Partners participating in the round. This brings the gaming company’s total funding up to $54 million.
Digital Chocolate publishes a number of popular casual games for the iPhone (and a bunch of other mobile phones), the Web, Facebook and Xbox LIVE. Game titles include Millionaire City, Island God and Vegas City. The company says that it is now one of the top five global games publishers on Facebook and has also achieved more than 100 million mobile downloads. The new funding will be used to expand Digital Chocolate’s scale, cross-platform capabilities, and geographic reach.
This isn’t the first gaming investment for Intel Capital; the company recently put $3 million into social gaming platform OpenFeint.
- Facebook Games Developer MegaZebra Closes ‘Multi-Million’ Euro Funding Round
- Intel Invests $3 Million In Mobile Social Gaming Platform OpenFeint
- [x+1] Raises $10 Million From Intel Capital For Online Targeting Platform
- Social Game Developer A Bit Lucky Scores $5M From Nexon
- Sad Day In FarmVille: Facebook’s New Game Developer Program Could Trouble Zynga