Sn0wbreeze 2.2: iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated To Fix iBooks Issue Reported By Some Users
iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.2r3 for Windows, which apparently uses a new method to fix the iBooks issue that we had reported earlier.
iH8sn0w had released Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Windows few days back, which allows users who want to jailbreak and also unlock their iPhone to update their iPhone with a pre-jailbroken iOS 4.2.1 firmware while preserving the baseband from getting upgraded so that it can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w.
iH8sn0w announced the release of the minor update via the following tweet:
I pushed out a small update for sn0wbreeze r3 which fixes iBooks issues for devices that previously didnâ€™t work.
So to recap, Sn0wbreeze 2.2 allows users to create custom iOS 4.2.1 firmware file that is pre-jailbroken, which can be used to upgrade their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 4.2.1. In case of iPhone, it also preserves the baseband from getting upgraded so that it can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w using the â€œBaseband Preservation Modeâ€.
Sn0wbreeze 2.1 supports the following devices:
- Sn0wbreeze 2.2 For Windows: iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released; Fixes iBooks Problem
- Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.3.3 And iOS 4.2.8 Updated; Includes Fix For Side Switch Vibration Issue
- Sn0wbreeze 2.7: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.3.3 And iOS 4.2.8 For Windows Released
- Sn0wbreeze 2.6: Untethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released
- Sn0wbreeze 2.4 Beta 1: Tethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.3.1 For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released