Google Apps Admins: Use APIs Without Writing Code
Earlier this week Google released its Google Apps Shell Interface (GASI), an a new way for Google Apps admins to work with the Google Apps APIs without writing code. It also gives users the option to batch execute commands generated from the variables in a CSV file. This will enable admins to automate various tasks from within this interface instead of using third-party tools.
The available commands are documented here. Currently supported commands include:
- Creating, deleting and modifying users
- Creating, deleting and modifying groups
- Creating Gmail filters, labels, etc.
GASI includes a library called, appropriately enough, Google Apps Shell (GAS). GAS can also be called from the command line.
- Try Google APIs From the Browser with Google APIs Explorer
- Zoho Creator Gives Google Apps Users the Ability to Build Their Own Apps
- System Admins Should Know How To Code
- Google Apps Gives Customers the Option to Defer Feature Updates
- Cloud Sherpas Raises Another $1.6 Million To Migrate Businesses To Google Apps