Greenpois0n RC 6.1 Released To Fix iBooks Issue
The fix for iBooks was earlier available only in PwnageTool 4.2 for Mac and Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Windows that were released earlier in the week. Chronic Dev Team has incorporated the same fix in the latest version of greenpois0n.
iPhone users who want to preserve the baseband from getting upgraded so that it can be unlocked should use PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze. iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone users (who donâ€™t care about unlocking) should use greenpois0n as it is faster and a lot easier to use.
Mac users can follow our step-by-step guide to jailbreak their iOS devices on iOS 4.2.1 using greenpois0n below:
Windows users can follow the appropriate step-by-step guide:
If youâ€™ve used greenpois0n RC5 or RC6 to jailbreak your iOS device then you can just run greenpois0n RC6.1 on top of it without restoring.
Please note thatÂ jailbreaking your iDevice may void its warranty so proceed withÂ caution and at your own risk. Please donâ€™t forget to backup your iPhone before you proceed. You canÂ refer to this postfor instructions on how to backup your iPhone.
As always, let us know how it goes.
- Greenpois0n RC6: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.2.1 Now Supports Apple TV 2G; Fixes Emulator Issues
- Greenpois0n RC5 For Windows: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.2.1 Released
- Greenpois0n For Mac Released
- Greenpois0n: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.2.1 Released
- How To Jailbreak iPad On iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n [Windows]