Apple Reveals More Differences Between GSM iPhone And CDMA iPhone
I guess everyone knows by now that Verizon iPhone does not allow simultaneous voice and data transfer (over 3G).
However, Apple has recently published the difference between AT&Tâ€™s GSM iPhone 4 and Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 in a Knowledge Base article, which explains how some minor features such as call forwarding, call waiting, caller id, conference calls, inserting pauses when dialing and hold work.
It also mentions settings and features that are not available on Verizon iPhone. The KB should be quite useful for new Verizon iPhone users, especially those who have switched from AT&T.
Apple has explained the differences between GSM iPhone 4 and CDMA iPhone 4 in the table shown below:
Apple has also provided the following additional information:
- How Apple And Verizon Buried Differences To Launch The CDMA iPhone
- App Log Reveals Apple is Testing Dual-Mode CDMA / GSM iPhone 5
- Verizon iPhone 4 Teardown Reveals Dual-Mode CDMA, GSM Qualcomm Chip
- Apple Has Ordered Qualcomm CDMA Chips For Verizon iPhone Launch In January 2011?
- Verizon And Apple Began Working Together To Make The CDMA iPhone In 2008