ThingWorx Scores $5 Million To “Connect The Web To The Real World”
Oddly named ThingWorx, which markets an application platform designed for apps connecting people, systems and devices, has raised $5 million in Series B funding. The round was led by Safeguard Scientifics.
Founded in 2009, ThingWorx has developed technology that lets companies create and deploy secure connected applications, whether they’re in the cloud, on an intranet or on an embedded platform.
The company emphasizes the platform’s value in industrial markets like manufacturing, utilities and energy, as well as in emerging “Internet of Things” markets, which includes smart homes, cities and transportation.
- 250 Million People Now Using Facebook Connect Every Month
- ECM Cloud Connect Offers A Bridge Between On-Premise Content And The Box.net Cloud
- Social Media Technology Company Syncapse Scores $25 Million Round
- Netbiscuits Scores Millions In Funding For Mobile Cloud Software Platform
- myThings Scores $6 Million In Funding For Personalized Retargeting Technology