Resource Nation Acquires Business.com Brand, Assets (With A Little Help From JMI Equity)
Growth equity firm JMI Equity provided an undisclosed amount of funding in support of the transaction – terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Resource Nation CEO Ryan Peddycord will continue to lead the company with a combination of Business.com and Resource Nation management teams. The company says it will retain a number of current and former Business.com sales and account managers, as well as some other ‘key employees’.
For your background: Business.com has quite a history. Most notably, it was acquired by R.H. Donnelley Corporation for $350 million almost four years ago. R.H. Donnelley filed for bankruptcy two years later.
This acquisition, meanwhile, makes perfect sense. Resource Nation is essentially a lead generation company for all things B2B, and boasts about 10,000 advertising partners already.
Business purchasers will now have the ability to obtain price quotes using Resource Nation’s core services, and DIY purchasers will be able to access Business.com’s directory to find vendors that make sense for their business.
Another footnote in the fascinating (IMHO) history of one of the most valuable domain names on the Internet.
- Go2 Media Assets Acquired By Poynt For $450,000 (After Raising $3 Million)
- Digital Agency MartinJAY Acquires Assets Of Social Media Analyst SocialBlaze
- Local Mobile Ad Network xAD Buys Mobile Search And Ad Assets Of Go2 Media
- New Data For The Daily Deal Value Debate: “1/3 Of Buyers Are Brand New Business”
- Educated Buy? Providence Equity Partners To Acquire Blackboard For $1.64 Billion In Cash