Solvate Raises $4 Million For Talent Search Engine
Solvate.com, a platform that helps employers and independent professionals find each other and work together in the cloud, has raised $4 million in Series B financing from Michael Paolucci (Solvate’s CEO), RRE Ventures and DFJ Gotham. This brings the startup’s total funding to $6.3 million.
Solvate is essentially a Talent Search engine that aims to match companies with consultants and freelancers. Solvate has a network of 1,000-plus independent professionals who have been pre-qualified, and catalogued. Businesses can search Solvate’s database for talent and the the startup will provide online time tracking tools and will handle both payment collection and disbursement. Services include marketing, sales, business development, IT and more.
Solvate says that the new investment will be used to enhance the company’s user interface and expand its marketplace of clients and talent. Since August 2009, Solvate has facilitated thousands of remote work relationships on its platform.
- Goby Raises $2.5 Million For Activity-Driven Search Engine
- EduLender Raises $1 Million For Student Loan Comparison Search Engine
- Evolv Raises $15 Million For Talent Matching And Intelligence Software
- The Demand Media of Search Engine Marketing, BoostCTR, Raises $1.6 Million
- Yummly Raises $1.8 Million For Semantic Recipe Search Engine