Mobile Tag Raises 6.6 Million Euros For Marketing Solutions Based On NFC tags, 2D And 1D Barcodes
Mobile Tag, a France-based provider of 2D and 1D barcode marketing solutions, has secured 6.6 million euros in fresh funding. The round was led by S.E.B. Ventures and joined by previous backers XAnge Private Equity and Alven Capital.
The company says it raised additional capital primarily to expand its operations in the United States.
Founded in 2006 by entrepreneur Domenico Surace, Mobile Tag already employs 55 people in France and the U.S. combined.
The company basically develops mobile marketing solutions allowing access to digital content by scanning barcodes using a mobile handset. That means 2D barcodes (QR-codes, Datamatrix, Flashcode and others), 1D barcodes (which you can find mostly on packaging) but also NFC tags.
Mobile Tag also offers solutions providing ‘Quick Access’ to mobile content, for companies, advertisers, brands and agencies alike.
- Kony Solutions Raises $19.1 Million For Mobile Application Platform
- Yuilop Raises 1 Million Euros For Social Communication App
- Qype Raises Another 6.5 million Euros, Signs Vodafone Distribution Deal
- Textbroker Raises Millions Of Euros For Quick-And-Dirty Content Marketplace
- Act-On Raises $10 Million For Online Marketing Automation Platform