HP Acquires Data Management And Real-Time Analytics Company Vertica
Vertica, which has raised $30.5 million in funding, develops data management solutions for storing and querying databases. Its products include The Vertica Analytic Database, which helps in analyzing data; Vertica for the Cloud, a cloud-based analytic database that helps in data management; and Vertica Analytic Database appliance, a hardware/software data management platform.
HP says that Vertica’s technology will help enhance HP’s ability to optimize data and will add real-time business analytics for large and complex sets of data in physical, virtual and cloud environments. Vertica products will be available through HP sales and service channels.
For HP, Vertica represents another set of technologies to boost its data management, analytics and storage capabilities for enterprises. Last year, HP spent $2.3 billion to acquire data storage company 3PAR.
- HP Acquires Data Management And Real-Time Analytics Company Vertica
- IBM Buys Real Estate And Facilities Management Software Company Tririga
- Jive Software Acquires Analytics Company Proximal Labs
- Taleo Acquires Talent Management Software Company Jobpartners For $38 Million
- SuccessFactors Acquires YouCalc To Offer Cloud-Based Realtime Analytics Platform