GiveForward Raises $500K To Be The Kickstarter For Medical Expenses
GiveForward, which was incubated in Chicago’s Excelerate Labs, wants to become the Kickstarter for medical expenses. The platform allows anyone to create customizable fundraising pages where friends and family from across the world can donate online.
To make money, GiveForward deducts 7 percent of all donations. Since 2008, 10,000 users have joined GiveForward with the startup helping families raise nearly $3.5 million for their loved ones’ out-of-pocket medical expenses. GiveForward also gives users tips on fundraising, allows them to socialize their pages on Facebook and Twitter and more.
- Inspired By The Start Fund, New World Ventures Offers Chicago Excelerate Startups $50K
- $500k “Energy-Harvesting” Kickstarter Scam Unfolding Right Now
- An Open Alternative To Kickstarter
- EduLender Raises $1 Million For Student Loan Comparison Search Engine
- Neil Young’s “Righteous” Pono Music Startup Raises $1 Million With Kickstarter