Angry Nerds: IBM’s Watson Finishes Night One Of Jeopardy Challenge Tied For First Place
Did you all just see that? The IBM Jeopardy Challenge kicked off tonight, and Watson, the IBM-developed artificial intelligence absolutely more than held his own against his human competition. Mechanical men!
At the end of day one (it’s a three-day tournament), Watson, along with Brad Rutter, leads with $5,000. Poor Ken Jennings has only $2,000 to his name.
I can’t even pretend to be impartial—I’m pulling for Watson all the way here, and I, for one, welcome our new artificial intelligence overlords.
- The Final Night Of IBM’s Jeopardy Challenge: How Did Watson Do?
- Watson! IBM’s Artificial Intelligence Looks To Upstage Its Human Benefactors In Grand Jeopardy Challenge
- Mechanical Men: Live From IBM’s Watson Robot Vs. Human Jeopardy Champions
- Watson Wins Jeopardy Contest
- Just Months After Jeopardy!, Watson Wows Doctors