> Weekly Case Study: Pooling a Virtualized Infrastructure
Weekly Case Study: Pooling a Virtualized Infrastructure
February 12th, 2011 02:50
Pooling its virtualized infrastructure has proven to have its benefits for Germany’s University of Münster.
The university has more than 38,000 students spread amongst 15 different departments. Its natural sciences department oversees 10,000 users and 3,500 machines.
The department now has two locations but the infrastructure is pooled to allow for more efficient maintenance and backup in case of a downtime issue. Here’s what they did:
Source: Weekly Case Study: Pooling a Virtualized Infrastructure
- Weekly Case Study: 3 Examples of Virtualization in Action
- Case Study: The Growing Desktop Challenge
- Tool Demo: Scala-Virtualized
- [Case Study] Lessons in High Performance Computing with Open Source
- The Pirate Bay Starts Using Virtualized Servers
Categories: readwriteweb case, case study, Department, downtime, Germany, infrastructure, natural sciences department, paper pdf, Pooling, s university, University