The Sum Total of the World’s Knowledge: 250 Exabytes
arkenian writes “The BBC reports on an article in Science about scientists who calculate that the sum of all the world’s stored data is 250 exabytes. Perhaps more interestingly, the total amount of data broadcast is 2 zetabytes (1000 exabytes) annually. In theory this means that the sum of the world’s knowledge is broadcast 8 times a year, but I bet mostly that’s just a lot of American Idol reruns.”
- World Internet Traffic To Top 966 Exabytes In 2015
- Information Overload, Quantified: Humanity Can Store 295 Exabytes of Data
- Ask Slashdot: How To Prove IT Knowledge Without Expensive Certificates?
- Ask Slashdot: Permanent Preservation of Human Knowledge?
- Verizon’s “Countdown” iPhone Ad: Watch It Here So You Don’t Have To Watch American Idol