Square Turns Two And Celebrates With A Massive Times Square Billboard
Jack Dorseyâ€™s mobile payments startup Square is celebrating its second birthday today and also embarking on a massive marketing pushâ€”a Times Square billboard in New York City. Courtesy of Wall Street Journal reporter Jessica Vascellaro, the massive, multi-angle, multi-panel billboard shows how easy it is to use Square on an iPhone, with the tagline “Now everyone can accept credit cards.”
We’re told that Square didn’t pay for the billboard but that it was funded by “generous supporter.” This has been a big week for the company. Square just teamed up with designer Vivienne Tam to launch a limited edition, branded Square credit card reader.
Square, which just raised $27.5 million in new funding, has steadily gained traction as a simple payments option for small businesses and is processing millions of dollars a week in transactions. This billboard should push that number upwards.
Other tech companies that have recently displayed billboards in Times Square include Foursquare and Gowalla.
Photo Credit/Jessica Vascellaro
- SCVNGR To Hover Over Times Square This New Year’s Eve
- Square Raises $27.5M From Sequoia And Khosla, On Track To Process $40M In Q1 Payments
- Intuit Extends Free Version Offer For Square-Competitor GoPayment Indefinitely
- Empty Times Square Building Generates $23 Million a Year From Digital Ads
- Square Now Processing $1 Million In Mobile Payments Per Day