Nokia Share Price Takes A Hell Of A Nosedive, Down 14%
It was to be expected, but that doesn’t make it any less newsworthy: Nokia is really taking a beating right now.
Stock price was down about 14% last I looked, but it has been hovering around a 13.5% drop in the past few hours.
In case you hadn’t heard, Nokia this morning announced a major strategy shift, switching to Microsoft’s Windows Phone as its primary smartphone platform, shaking up the management team and pushing through other organizational changes.
For what it’s worth: Nokia CFO Timo Ihamuotila posits that the company should get a long-term financial boost from the strategic partnership with Microsoft.
- Microsoft Drops Price on Nokia’s 41-Megapixel Phone
- Nokia CEO Stephen Elop: Work On First Windows Nokia Phones Has Begun
- Nokia Turns To Android To Regain Share In Emerging Markets
- Microsoft In Talks To Buy Nokia’s Smartphone Division?
- Which Fading Smartphone Company Is More Valuable To Microsoft, RIM Or Nokia?