Social Gaming Network Raptr Raises $15 Million; Hits 6 Million Users
Online gaming startup Raptr has raised $15 million in new funding, according to a blog post on the company’s site. This round was led by DAG Ventures with Tenaya Capital and Accel Partners participating. In total, Raptr has raised $27 million.
Raptr’s mission is simple: to make it easy to play games with your friends. Essentially, Raptr is a social networking platform for gamers to track games and share achievements. Users can also share their stats, rankings, achievements, and characters with friends. And they can automatically broadcast their gaming activity to their friends on Raptr and other social sites including Facebook and Twitter.
The network also supports games on PC, Xbox, and PS3; and allows you to see your friends while they are playing games on a number of consoles. You can then chat and browse the web in-game.
And the startup, which had north of one million members last July, has grown to over 6 million members in less than a year.
- Raptr, The Social Gaming Network, Launches First Personalized News Feed For Gamers
- PapayaMobile Raises $18 Million For Mobile Social Gaming Network
- Social Gaming Startup Kobojo Raises $7.7 Million
- Exclusive – Crime (City) Pays: Social Gaming Startup Funzio Raises $20 Million
- Paper.li Raises $2.1 Million For Social News Curation, Hits 2 Million Users