Group Dating Startup Ignighter Raises $3 Million
Ignighter, the group dating site that is part of the TechStars class of 2008, has raised $3 million in Series A funding from a number of well-known investors. This brings the company’s total funding to $4.2 million.
The round was led by Point Judith Capital with GSA Venture Partners, Founder Collective, GTI Capital Group, Hugo Enterprises, Rajan Anandan, David Cohen, Dave Tisch, Kal Vepuri, Peter Lehrman, Nihal Mehta and other angels participating.
Ignighter is an online dating site but with a slight twist. Ignighter allows groups of friends to collaborate on a group profile, where they can include photos and specify their interests. The site then presents a list of possible matches with other groups and helps them arrage get-togethers in the real world. The idea behind the site is to make romantic matches but in a group setting where awkward situations can be avoided.
While it seems like an orthodox model for online dating, Ignighter says that it is growing by “hundreds of thousands” of new users each month and has a registered userbase in the millions.
- Startup Incubator TechStars Raises $8 Million
- Online Dating Site Zoosk’s 2010 Sales Up 250 Percent To $90 Million
- Stealth NYC Startup Kohort Raises $3 Million Seed Round From IA Ventures, RRE, And More
- Dealised Powers Group Buying Sites, Raises $6.5 Million
- RoundPegg Raises $1.27 Million To Be The eHarmony For Jobs