Verizon iPhone Jailbroken Using Greenpois0n
When Chronic Dev Team released Greenpois0n over the weekend, they had listed iPhone 4 Verizon as one of the supported iDevices in the accompanying Readme file.
At that time, we had felt it was a little premature to mention it as only one customer had managed to get their hands on the Verizon iPhone.
Hard to verify (seems legit) : @lovetenderhh claims he has a verizon i4 and greenpois0n RC5 works ! Thank you for the test and sharing !
Another user who also claims to have jailbroken a Verizon iPhone 4 provides more details, which suggests that it is still work in progress:
@pod2g I had an error with GP on VZiP4, had to restore and now JB seems to work fine, installed cydia, but a lot of problem on that level @pod2g Cydia crashing, very long load times, sb settings not working like it should, mobile substrate crashes often…a work in progress
Based on tweet from pod2G, Chronic Dev Team are working on greenpois0n RC6 for Verizon iPhone 4:
We have fixes for verizon i4. Please join us on IRC to test.
So if youâ€™ve switched to a Verizon iPhone from AT&T and worried about your jailbreak apps then you should be fine.
- Greenpois0n RC5 Beta 4 To Jailbreak Verizon iPhone On iOS 4.2.6 Released
- Greenpois0n RC 6.1 Released To Fix iBooks Issue
- Greenpois0n RC6: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.2.1 Now Supports Apple TV 2G; Fixes Emulator Issues
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS On iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n [Windows]
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS On iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n [Mac]