Keen On… Seth Godin: While We Weren’t Paying Attention, The Industrial Age Just Ended (TCTV)
As the author of twelve best-selling books including his latest 2010 hit Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? and the iconic Purple Cow: Transform Your Business By Being Remarkable, Seth Godin is amongst the most sought-after business visionaries in the world.
“So why are you so popular?â€ I asked Godin when we met in New York late last month.
â€œI notice things,â€ he replied.
Oddly enough, though, the things that Seth Godin notices are often so big and obvious that everybody else misses them. For example, Godin has noticed that the industrial age has just ended â€“ and itâ€™s this fact that drives much of his thinking about our indispensability in the post industrial age.
The future, Godin, told me, will belong to the rule-breaking â€œlinchpinsâ€ of the digital age. Perhaps. But whatâ€™s for sure is that Godin â€“ as a mapmaker of our future – remains indispensable. â€œIâ€™m a showman,â€ he confessed to me. Yes. And the Seth Godin show is one that none of us can afford to miss.
Godin on his own popularity
What Seth Godin shipped in 2010
- Keen On… The Domino Project: Seth Godin Reinvents the Book Business (TCTV)
- Meebo CEO Seth Sternberg On Why He’s Pushing For Website Check-Ins (TCTV)
- SXSW: Keen On… Press, Pause, Play (TCTV)
- Keen On… Suzanne Vega: Music, Like Oranges, Shouldn’t Be Given Away for Free (TCTV)
- Keen On… with Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO WPP: Free = Fail (TCTV)